This tutorial Covers different ways to add Drummer regions to your project. If you are brand new to Drummer, Check out this intro to Drummer tutorial and then this building an entire drummer track tutorial. Once you have a drummer track built, this sample replacement or augmentation tutorial will assist you in taking drummer tracks to the next level.
Also, see this playlist for all things drummer.
This tutorial covers adding a drummer track to the project. Adding additional drummer regions to the track, Filling a drummer track with regions from the start of the project to the end, Putting in a fill that leads in to the downbeat if the drummer region starts somewhere other than bar 1, and the same but how to make space if the project starts at bar 1.
- Command Option U – Adds A Drummer Track To The Project and Adds A 8 bar long drummer Region To that track.
+Control Option Command Shift D – Adds a new 8 bar long drummer region at the playhead position.
- Controls Shift D – Fills the Drummer Track with 8 bar long regions all the way out to bar 129 or wherever the end of project marker is set to.
- Semi Colon – Moves the selected region to the playhead position.
- Command R – Repeats the selected region (saves the step of copying then pasting that region.)
- Control Home – Moves playhead to start of selected region and announces it’s position(Control FN Left arrow on Laptop)
- Control End – Moves playhead to end of selected region and announces its position (Control FN Right arrow on laptop)
- Command Option Left Bracket – Sets Left Locator to the Playhead Position.
- Command Option Right Bracket – Sets Right Locator to the playhead Position.
- Command Option Home – Moves playhead to left locator and announces its position (Command Option FN Left arrow on laptop)
- Command Option End – Moves playhead to Right locator and announces it’s position (Command Option FN Right arrow on laptop)